I am not a doctor or medical professional and have no qualifications re: same. The content provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and never delay seeking medical advice related to treatment in reliance on any content set forth herein. *** This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
I lost 100 pounds in a healthy and sustainable way, through healthy eating and exercise (about 90% was food). I am speaking from my personal experience regarding what helped me with my success on my weight loss journey.
The following are some of my go-to tools for my success.
The first few are protein grab and go snacks or meals. No – they are not EXCITING. But, they get the job done. Don’t get me wrong – there are tons of delicious weight loss recipes out there, but sometimes you just need to get down to brass tacks and grab something quick and low in calories to fill your belly! It all depends on your goal for that meal.
The second group are my favorite low calorie sauces that I use to spruce up the boring. I have literally bought at least 10+ of each of these sauces because they are no FAV!
And….I included a bonus one…a tool that will serve you well.
(1) HARD BOILED EGGS
- Hard boiled eggs are amazing because you can make them ahead of time and it is super easy.
- They last for a long time in the fridge.
- They are super portable! If you have a day when you are on the run, peel them ahead of time and throw them in a zip-lock.
- I may or may not have been stopped by airport security for having hard-boiled eggs in my purse! Just saying.
- Protein is satiating – forgive me, I will be repeating this!
- Easy to measure the calories if you are tracking – 60-70 calories per egg. BOOM!
(2) EASY NO OIL OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN
- I love this chicken because you can make it ahead of time and it is also super easy.
- You can find my recipe for Easy No Oil Oven Roasted Chicken here.
- I keep it in my fridge and grab it for a snack, throw it on a salad or use it for dinner with some sides.
- I also like to shred it and add some amazing sauce….but we will get to that below!
- Protein is satiating! It will help you feel fuller for longer.
(3) TUNA PACKETS
- Ok – please don’t be mad at me. I know canned tuna is the quintessential “diet” food that many people despise, but let me make a case for tuna.
- We are very fortunate to live in a world of convenience and they make the tuna packets now that are transportable. Some even have built in spoons!
- If you are in a pinch and your choice is the fast-food drive through or a tuna packet you stashed in your car, it gives you the option to make a better choice.
- If you are at work or a friend’s house and you wanted to bring your food, you can always squirt some mustard or hot sauce in there to spruce it up. Yeah, it’s no cupcake but I will help you hit your weight loss goals.
- I need to take a moment to breathe because this is my favorite part of these tips.
- This is where we make the boring more exciting!
- This sugar-free BBQ sauce is BOMB. Period. It tastes like the real thing. Super low in calories.
- I put it on my roast chicken (mentioned above) and pretty much anything else that I can slather BBQ sauce on.
- Hickory is my favorite, go here for Hickory.
- They also have a variety pack, go here for Variety Pack.
- And, I saved the best for last!!!!
- This syrup will change your life. You can also see my waxing poetic about this syrup in my 150 Calorie Pumpkin Pie Recipe (because it is the secret ingredient).
- This syrup is SO good! It tastes like the real thing and I have tried so many yucky fake sweeteners.
- I put it on my oatmeal, pancakes and even on my chicken (think chicken and waffles). I know – I’m weird.
- One word of caution: It contains maltitol which is a sugar alcohol. Sugar alcohols do not always agree with everyone – think gas or diarrhea. Sorry, but I always have to be 100%.
- However, I have no tummy problems with it and it doesn’t bother me at all….which is why I buy it like it’s going out of style.
- If you are serious about weight loss, buy a food scale. Just do it!
- No, you don’t have to be a crazy person and weigh all your food but it is REALLY helpful when you want to.
- It gives you a better idea of portion sizes.
- I can’t tell you how many times I hear people cry about how they are doing everything right and not losing weight. Usually it’s because they are not really being accurate with the portions of what is being eaten.
- Remember that innocent spoonful of peanut butter you grabbed? Don’t worry, only 90 calories. NOT! Until you realize that you probably ate 3x that in portion size.
- Trust me, when you start weighing stuff it will be very illuminating.
If you want to hear more about my weight loss journey and how I lost 100 pounds and kept it off in a healthy and sustainable way, please join my newsletter for ongoing weight loss tips and healthy recipes.
Also be sure to check out my article on the Unsexy Truth about Weight Loss.
Can you do me a favor? If you love this article, please share on Facebook or Pinterest [share buttons below].
Lastly, if you have any questions, please email me. I am happy to help!