So I thought it might be fun to set up a super-top-secret-hidden website page. Not really a secret, because obviously this is on the internet for everyone to see. But, it is not on my main navigation. So really, someone would have to go hunting (it is a link at the very bottom) or land on it through some other link.
I wanted to play around with this for a few reasons.
(1) While food and weight loss are 2 of my most favorite topics (and areas where I believe I can provide my readers with good value), I sometimes like to write about other random things that I think may also provide valuable content to readers. For example:
- How to Start a Food Blog Income Reports (from the bitter beginning).
- Lots to say on this.
- Personal Finance
- Hedonic Treadmill (curious?)
- Delayed Gratification
- 1% Rule (James Clear – Atomic Habits, Read it!).
- Educational Topics
- How I Started College at Age 13 and Graduated with my Bachelor’s Degree in Math at age 19. Most people don’t know I am a SECRET NERD!
- How you (or your child) can do it too!
- This list will grow as I cannot stop the ideas from flying through my head. That is just a smattering, top of mind.
(2) In an effort to not have a chaotic website, I thought I would break these articles into my secret-hidden area so as not to confuse my primary readers.
(3) I am curious how Pinterest will interpret these posts and whether it will drive traffic to my website. I am a total blog/website newbie so this is all very interesting to me.
(4) Sometimes as you are developing your “brand” and point of view, you don’t really know what you are going to be good at and what will resonate with the readers. This may help me mold and refine that.
(5) Writing about random stuff can be incredibly cathartic.
(6) Hopefully I can be successful at this blogging endeavor and look back at this one day and laugh at myself!