Buddha Bowl with Peanut Sauce
This bowl is packed with flavor! The creamy peanut dressing is a perfect balance of sweet and spicy paired with fresh beautiful vegetables and hearty grains making this is the perfect meal!
- 1-2 cups cooked barley Or, any grain of choice (ex: rice, farro)
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage (slices thinly or cut on mandolin)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 large carrot (grated or spiral cut)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced or chopped to desired size)
- 1/3 cucumber (slices into thin rounds)
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds Optional - Garnish
Peanut Dressing (Note: This will make dressing for 4 salads)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger (pressed, minced or grated)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed, minced or grated)
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey (optional) Vegan option: maple syrup. If peanut butter is sweetened then you don't need to add this extra sweet component.
Instant Pot: 1:3 ratio, barley, drain excess liquid. IP multigrain setting. 12 minutes. Let cool.
For other grain or cooking method, best to follow instructions on grain package as cook times and specifications can vary greatly.
In food processor, combine peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sriracha, rice wine vinegar and honey. Mix until creamy.
Vegan option: maple syrup. If peanut butter is sweetened then you don't need to add this extra sweet component.
You can play with ratio of grains to vegetables based on personal tastes.