Black Sesame Paste; Black Tahini
Black sesame paste (black tahini) adds a rich nutty flavor to hummus, salad dressings and even desserts such as ice cream, cupcakes or brownies.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup black sesame seeds (roasted)
- 3 tbsp sunflower or other neutral oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt (optional)
In food processor, add black sesame seeds. Blend until consistency of black sesame powder.
Add oil and continue to blend.
Scrape sides and continue to blend until fully combined. Repeat as needed.
Paste should be smooth and fully incorporated.
(1) Substitutions: You can use roasted black sesame seeds or raw. However, roasted will yield a richer flavor.
(2) Storage: Storage in refrigerator for longer use.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 5mg