Lion's Mane Mushroom Recipes: Crab Cakes
These Lion’s Mane Mushroom Recipes will blow your mind, featuring a Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crab Cake so delicious you won’t believe it is meatless!
Servings 3 cakes
- 8 oz Lion's Mane mushroom
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to your taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon oil (to fry cakes)
- 2 optimal garnish: lemon wedges
Quick Tartar Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
Hand shred Lion's Mane Mushroom into small pieces resembling texture of flakey crab.
In large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, parsley (finely chopped), salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
Mix in Lion's Mane Mushroom until fully incorporated.
Mix in Panko breadcrumbs until fully incorporated.
Form mixture into 3-4 equal size round flat patties (about ½ to ¾ inch thick).
Heat oil in sauté pan on medium/high heat.
Cook patties for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Should be golden brown and cooked throughout.
Add optional garnish, squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
- Leftovers and Storage: Transfer to airtight container or dish. Refrigerate for up to 48 hours. Can reheat and serve.
- Vegan/Vegetarian Substitutions or Omission: You can use vegan mayonnaise and flax egg in place of regular mayonnaise and egg in this recipe.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg