Bacardi Coquito: With Vegan Coquito Modification Options!
Coquito is the perfect holiday cocktail! A decadent, boozy Puerto Rican eggnog, full of creamy coconut and Bacardi rum that you will be enjoying for holidays to come! Also with Vegan modifications!
Servings 4 cups
- 1.5 cup Bacardi Dark Rum (or other rum of choice)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk Note: Reserve 1 tablespoons for optional shredded coconut rim.
- 1 cup coconut milk (regular or reduced fat)
- ½ cup cream of coconut (Coco Lopez or Coco Real)
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp clove
- 1 Optional Garnish: Shredded coconut
In large bowl, combine rum, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, cream of coconut(Coco Lopez or Coco Real), evaporated milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Mix until thoroughly combined.
When ready to serve, place desired amount in cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously, pour into rocks or martini glass. Ice is optional.
Optional: For shredded coconut rim: Dip glass rim in sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut.
Optional: Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove or a cinnamon stick.
- Vegan Coquito:
- Substitute sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk with vegan sweetened condensed coconut milk and vegan evaporated coconut milk.
- Confirm that cream of coconut is vegan brand (as many can contain unapproved additives). Coco Lopez is a vegan brand.
- Substitute heavy cream for alternative vegan milk of choice: almond milk, soy milk and oat milk work well in this recipe.
- Glass Rim Garnish: Garnish with shredded coconut.
- Additional Christmas Cocktail Garnish: Whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove or a cinnamon stick.
- Lighter Modification: In place of heavy cream, you can lighten it up by using half and half, 2% milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or your favorite alternative milk.
Calories: 879kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 82g | Vitamin A: 779IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 388mg | Iron: 1mg