Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Kalamata Olive Salad Dressing
Crisp, refreshing salad with a lemony rich Kalamata olive dressing. Perfect for an
appetizer or a main course. Great with grilled chicken or salmon on top. Reminiscent
of delicious Greek flavors.
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 4 (Small) Persian Cucumbers (the mini ones)
- ¼ Sweet or Red Onion
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
- Parsley Optional Garnish
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 Kalamata Olives
- 1 tablespoon Olive Brine
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
Chop and combine cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
Rinse and drain chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) and add to salad.
IMPORTANT: Make sure there are no pits in the Kalamata olives. Sometimes a stray can sneak in and you don’t want to hurt your food processor/blender.
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, Kalamata olives, brine and rice wine vinegar. Blend
- Optional Additions: You can garnish with optional, parsley, mint or feta cheese. Also, you can add salt and pepper or an additional squeeze of lemon juice to suit your taste preferences.
- Substitutions or Omission: If you are whole food plant based, you can substitute the olive oil for 2 tablespoons of aquafaba (chickpea juice).
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 1049mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1146IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg