Jackfruit Sweet Potato Curry
This Jackfruit and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe is rich, hearty and super easy to make. This healthy one pot meal is vegan, oil free and wonderful to feed your whole family.
Servings 4 people
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 20 oz can jackfruit (in brine) (cut into 1 inch cubes) Trader Joe's Brand Recommended
- 1 red pepper (slice into thin strips)
- ½ cup shredded carrot Buy shredded carrot in bag. Or, chop.
- ½ sweet onion (chopped)
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk (full fat) Reduced fat will work too
- 1 cup vegetable stock Non-vegetarian - chicken stock works well
- 4 oz can panang curry paste Maesri Brand Recommended
- 4 leaves basil (garnish) Optional
In large soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium/high and simmer for 10-13 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Stir every minute or so.
Can used reduced fat coconut milk if looking to reduce calories.
Vegan: Use curry paste brand with no sugar.
This recipe could easily work with a masaman or yellow curry as well.