Banana Carrot Muffins
These healthy banana carrot muffins are a delicious way to hide some fruits and vegetables in a yummy breakfast treat that even your toddler will love!
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour or wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. three small bananas approximately)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz 5 ounces shredded carrots,
- ⅓ cup oil (extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil or canola oil)
- 2 tablespoon Optional: sprinkle oats on top
Preheat oven 375°
In food processor, pulse banana and carrot together. Batter should be mostly smooth with some chunks of carrot.
Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT flour and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Add flour and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Line muffin tray with liners and pour batter evenly into 12 muffins (should be about ¾ full).
Bake on 375° for 18-22 minutes.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2026IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg