This tart, tangy beautiful dressing will lift up any salad for the perfect flavorful bite. It is super easy to make and only 5 ingredients! Delicious on salads or as a dip for veggies – who doesn’t love a healthy snack!?
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
Why This Recipe Works
- It is super easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients.
- It is packed full of flavor and makes any salad pop with tangy zing!
- It will make your friends and family think you are a superhero because this dressing is fun and unique – oh so much more awesomeness than a boring ranch dressing! (Ok ranch – don’t worry, I love you too. Shhh).
What’s in ginger dressing
What is miso
Miso is a richly flavored paste made from fermented soybeans. It is a very popular ingredient in Japan known for its umami flavor.
The flavor of umami is a savory rich taste (typically classified with the five basic tastes (sweet, sour, bitter and salty).
What miso paste to buy
Typically the best miso paste is a white or mild miso paste. This is a common type of miso paste that is also used to make miso soup.
Where is miso paste in the grocery store
You will want to look for miso paste in the refrigerated section. However, because it is specialty, you may not find it at a standard grocery store.
I found my miso paste at Sprouts. Whole Foods usually also carries miso paste.
If you have a local Asian grocery store they should also carry miso paste. You can also buy online here (Amazon).
How to make this recipe
In food processor, combine carrots and ginger and process for about 30 seconds.
Add miso paste, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper to food processor. Process until smooth.
(1) This is a chunkier dressing. Use Vitamix if you would like a smoother consistency.
(2) This recipe works well with other neutral oils. For example: vegetable, grape-seed or canola oil.
Related recipes you might want to check out!
This carrot miso ginger dressing is delicious on my Asian Inspired Buddha Bowl.
You will also love my Spiral Rainbow Salad with Chinese Five-Spice Dressing and Cilantro Dressing to make your salad exciting!
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- Food processor or Vitamix
- ¼ Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ Cup Seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon White miso paste
- ⅓ Cup Ginger chopped Into small chunks
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped into small chunks
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- In food processor, combine carrots and ginger and process for about 30 seconds.
- Add miso, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper to food processor. Process until smooth.