Looking for a quick and easy recipe for the best roasted asparagus? Great beginner oven baked asparagus recipe with additional ideas and variations.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
Sometimes the best way to prepare simple ingredients such as asparagus is to keep it easy.
Lay your asparagus stalks in a single layer on a sheet pan or large rimmed baking sheet, coat with oil and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese, garlic powder (or fresh garlic) kosher salt, lemon zest (or squeeze of lemon juice), red pepper flakes or black pepper.
Roasting asparagus on 425 degrees is the easiest way to get perfectly cooked asparagus.
You can use a vegetable peeler to trim very thick asparagus if needed and be sure to cut off any woody ends of the asparagus.
This easy recipe for roasted asparagus is one of my favorite springtime dishes and the perfect side dish to almost any meal! And speaking of delicious side dishes, have you ever wondered How Long to Boil Green Beans? We’ve got your covered.
Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal preparation time and quick cooking time.
- Delicious side that pairs well with many dishes. Enjoy this delicious asparagus with this delicious and flavorful Wagyu Burger, Wagyu Ribeye with a Wagyu Beef Bacon Red Wine Bordelaise Sauce, Air Fryer Tilapia or Pistachio Crusted Salmon!
- Easy to create variety with different spice combinations.
Optional Seasonings or Dressings
- Homemade Rosemary Salt (my absolute favorite!)
- Italian seasoning
- Onion or Garlic powder
- Furikake Seasoning or Salmon Furikake Seasoning.
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon juice and Parmesan
Looking for other delicious dinner options?
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!
Best Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or other oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon optional seasonings
- Preheat oven 425.
- Cut off tough ends of asparagus (about 1-2 inches).
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and any other seasonings of choice.
- Mix with hands or tongs to coat asparagus with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Enjoy as a delicious side dish!
(2) Onion or Garlic powder
(3) Furikake seasoning or Salmon Furikake seasoning
(4) Lemon pepper seasoning
(5) Cajun Seasoning
(6) Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar
(7) Lemon juice and Parmesan (8) Minced garlic and oil, coating the asparagus