This non-alcoholic Mocktail spritzer provides beauty and flavor within this exciting bubbly beverage. The complimentary flavors of ginger and mint, coupled with subtle earthy beet flavor and its gorgeous color make it the perfect refreshing mocktail!
Be sure to check out my refreshing Whiskey Sour Mocktail!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
What are mocktail drinks?
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic drink. Mocktail rhymes with cocktail – and mock, meaning *without* alcohol. Cute!
And, because there is NO alcohol in a mocktail, you can make cool mocktail recipes for kids too so they don’t feel left out of the party. Hello, Shirley Temple – the original gangster of mocktails!
How to make a mocktail without alcohol.
The trick to making a good mocktail is to have really exciting flavors and a gorgeous visual appeal. This Beet Ginger Mint Spritzer Mocktail packs the flavor and the glamour!
Sometimes it’s fun to have the accoutrement on hand to make something delish.
This is a really awesome mocktail kit that has everything you need to get your mixology rocking.
If you want to have any fun flavors on hand and you don’t feel like making from scratch, you can try this classic Ginger Syrup
Or, if you are really feeling adventurous you can try this Vanilla, Clove Smoked Simple Syrup!
Other awesome mocktail ideas
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 small beet (about size of small lemon) – slice in 6 pieces
1 piece ginger (about size of golf ball) – slice in 6 pieces
1/4 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
2 tbsp lemon juice
16 oz sparkling water
How to make this recipe
BASIL GINGER MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
In saucepan, combine water, sugar, mint, beets, ginger and mint. Bring to boil and let boil until mixture thickens into syrup (about 6 minutes). Stir every 30 seconds. Put mixture into heat safe container and let cool. Overnight in fridge is recommended for maximum flavor. Leave beets, ginger and mint in the syrup while it is cooling.
Once fully cooled, strain syrup (use cocktail shaker or fine mesh strainer). This should yield about 1/4 cup syrup
You can also make Demerara Syrup as your base for this recipe.
Combine syrup, lemon juice and sparkling water (stir gently). Garnish with mint (optional).
Yield – Two 8 oz mocktails. 96 calories each.
Vegan: Substitute maple syrup instead of granulated sugar. You will have a more maple flavor but who doesn’t love maple.
Lower Calories: This is already a lower calorie beverage (yay 96 calories), you can add more seltzer to cut the calories or if you just like your beverages a little less sweet.
If you are looking for a delicious cocktail recipes, you will love this Bacardi Rum Punch!
Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic) Beet-Ginger-Mint Spritzer
- Saucepan, cocktail shaker or mesh strainer.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar vegan: can substitute maple syrup
- 1 small beet (about size of small lemon) – slice in 6 pieces
- 1 piece ginger (about size of golf ball) – slice in 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 16 oz sparkling water can add more if you prefer less sweet
Basil Ginger Mint Simple Syrup
- In saucepan, combine water, sugar, mint, beets, ginger and mint.
- Bring to boil and let boil until mixture thickens into syrup (about 6 minutes). Stir
every 30 seconds.
- Put mixture into heat safe container and let cool. Overnight in fridge is
recommended for maximum flavor.
- Leave beets, ginger and mint in the syrup while it is cooling.
- Once fully cooled, strain syrup (use cocktail shaker or fine mesh strainer). This should yield about 1/4 cup syrup
- Combine syrup, lemon juice and sparkling water (stir gently).
- Garnish with mint (optional)