These infused boozy bourbon cherries are a sweet, syrupy and decadent addition to your favorite cocktail or dessert. Amazing served over ice cream!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
If you have ever purchased high end cocktail cherries, you know that they can be ultra expensive and you don’t get very much. I am now here to save the day! Enter these boozy delicious bourbon cherries. They taste way more delicious than store bought and are much more cost effective to make.
Why this recipe works
- These cherries take less than 5 minutes to make and will be ready to enjoy after only 24 hours. They are awesome in this tropical Bacardi Rum Punch!
- Absolutely delicious in your favorite cocktail such as a Manhattan or old fashioned. If you love the old classics, definitely check out my Cherry Manhattan.
- Amazing addition to desserts and amazing served over ice cream!
Ingredients and how to make this recipe
This recipe is so easy you will be amazed that you didn’t try it sooner!
Simply combine your bourbon or other alcohol of choice with your cherries in an airtight container and store for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours, they will be delicious, syrupy and sweet. Perfect for your favorite cocktail or dessert!
If you want to get creative with this recipe and make spiced bourbon cherries, you can add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to take it next level.
What type of bourbon to use?
Jim Bean, Makers Mark, Red Stag, Evan Williams or Woodford Reserve are all good bourbon whiskey options. If you wish to venture out, you can also try mixing with rye, brandy or any other favorite alcohol of choice.
What type of cherries to use?
I recommend using dried tart cherries with sugar. These alcohol soaked cherries will add a sweet syrupy richness to the cherries and any remaining syrup making these cherries delicious in cocktails, in desserts or even served over ice cream! Boozy cherries are the best!
FAQ and expert tips
These bourbon cherries are excellent for an old fashioned or Manhattan. You can also use Luxardo or amarena cherries if you don’t want to make your own.
This recipe uses dried cherries which extends the shelf life. I recommend that your store these cherries in an airtight container and refrigerate. Use within six (6) months.
While I highly recommend making your own, you can buy bourbon cherries at many specialty liquor stores such as Total Wine or BevMo and in the alcohol section of most local grocery stores.
Looking some delicious cocktail recipes to enjoy?
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!
- 3/4 cup dried tart sweet cherries.
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Combine bourbon and cherries in an airtight container and store for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, they will be delicious, syrupy and sweet. Perfect for your favorite cocktail (such as a manhattan or old fashioned) or dessert!
- Leftovers and Storage: Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Use within six (6) months.
- Substitutions: You can substitute bourbon for whiskey, rye, brandy, vodka or rum.