Indulgent chocolate truffles with a secret ingredient – avocado! 🥑
Orange Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Hand beaters or Emulsion blender
- Double boiler
- 6 Oz Semi sweet chocolate Good quality recommended. High quality chocolate bar (ex: Lindt or Ghiradelli) is generally better than chocolate chips.
- ½ Medium Avocado (About 3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Heavy whipping cream Optional – see ingredients for notes
- ½ teaspoon Orange extract Optional. Feel free to substitute any other flavor. Ex: Almond or Mint.
- 3-4 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder For dusting/rolling
- In double boiler, on low/medium heat, melt chocolate, orange extract and heavy whipping cream.
- If you opt not to use heavy whipping cream, use a little more avocado in the next step (start with 1 tbsp).
- Remove mixture from heat and mix in avocado using hand beaters or emulsion blender.
- If you don’t have a beater or emulsion blender, pre-mash the avocado and mix throughly with chocolate mixture so you don’t see the bits of avocado.
- Put in fridge to cool to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix thoroughly by hand. You can add one tablespoon at a time and mix. You want the mixture to reach the consistency that you can hand roll into balls.
- If you leave in the fridge longer, it will firm up more and you will need less cocoa powder to firm it up. So it really depends on how quickly you need your truffles ready to serve and how firm you like your truffles.
- Hand roll truffles into balls and roll in cocoa powder.
- NOTE: You can switch up flavor from orange or leave orange out for regular chocolate truffles. Almond or mint are also delicious.