Looking for the best Wine for Valentine’s Day? Want to set the mood for romance with the most beautiful and delicious wines? This wine guide offers an amazing selection of personally curated selections to enjoy with the one you love!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
Just in case wine is not your thing or your sweetheart enjoys a different type of cocktail, serve up one of these delicious cocktails:
- Smoked Old Fashioned
- Godiva Chocolate Martini
- Espresso Martini with Baileys
- The Ultimate Baileys Cocktail
To serve alongside your glass of wine, you will love these delicious dinner and Valentine’s Day options:
- Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
- Faroe Island Salmon with Mango Habanero Salsa
- Wagyu Ribeye Steak (with Wagyu bacon bordelaise sauce)
- Denver Steak with Red Chimichurri.
- Reverse Sear Tomahawk Steak.
For the ultimate Valentine’s Day treat, gift and sip an indulgently decadent wine from the HALL Wine Family!
HALL Wine specializes in Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, BACA Wine, specializes in artisanal California Zinfandel and WALT Wines is known for “1000 miles of pinot noir” sourced from the best pinot noir growing regions on the west coast. Please be sure to enjoy our following favorites this Valentine’s Day:
2019 Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon: The Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon is the pinnacle of their blending efforts each year and it shows! Open, effusive nose with freshly turned earth, dark spice, chocolate, ripe dark blackberry, and graphite. Supple on the entry; lush, broad, opulent, full of mid-palate fruit and sleek tannin, lengthy.
2019 WALT Clos Pepe Pinot Noir: Deep ruby in color, the wine carries luscious fruit aromas of blackberry preserves and dark cherry, infused with exotic notes of spice, black tea and pomegranate. The palate opens to a dense and velvety texture laced with flavors of barrel char and salinity, leading to a structured and focused finish.
2018 BACA Tug O’ War Zinfandel: Pure, lush fruit aromas of blackberry and raspberry reflect a classic Russian River profile with the added complexity of floral and candied orange notes. Dark and brooding in nature, the polished, tannic structure is filled out with plush fruit and balanced with vibrant acidity that leads to a finessed, spicy finish.
If you are looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day Wine to enjoy, you will love the Clif Family Winery selection!
Clif Family is a small production wine and specialty food maker in the Napa Valley focusing on making high quality wine and food products with the lowest impact on our planet resulting in a healthier, more sustainable world through the enjoyment of wine, food and connection.
Some amazing wine selections to enjoy during the season of love include:
- 2019 Estate Zinfandel: Light in color with aromas of blueberry cobbler, coffee bean and bing cherry. This Zinfandel is not your over ripe style, but has elegance and pure varietal character. The palate opens with light tannin structure, followed by bright acidity on the mid-palate that carries through to a long finish and lasting fruit.
- 2019 Kit’s Killer Cabernet Savignon: This is a powerful and complex red wine with delicious aromas of violets, blackberry pie and black pepper that lead to a big, chewy mid-palate with flavors of ripe plum and Bing cherry.
- 2020 Bici Red Blend: A Rhone-style blend inspired by husband and wife co-owners Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford’s cycling adventures through Europe. This is a fruit driven wine which aromas of plum, dried cherry and violets.
Say “I Love You” this Valentine’s Day with a toast of Davis Estates. As a family-owned and operated estate winery crafting exceptional, elegant and nuanced wines, these wines will surely impress your partner on the special day. Grab a bottle of this beautiful cabernet, relax and enjoy:
2019 Davis Estates Napa Valley Cabernet: Aromas of blackberry, Burgundy plum, and cherry are framed by soft notes of toasted oak. Upon tasting, you discover a full-bodied wine with supple texture and delicate tannins, lively flavors of cassis, cherry, and plum, and beautiful spice heightened by barrel aging.
Raise a glass to your love with this 2020 Waypoint Richie Vineyard Chardonnay, a smooth and balanced wine that will make your heart skip a beat. This beautiful varietal is 62% new French oak and aged for 18 months after barrel fermentation.
On the nose, one can find brioche, toast, and hazelnut with the telltale Chardonnay tropical flavors. Don’t let the oak fool you because the mouthfeel offers a crisp clean minerality, bright acidity, and citrus tones. The finish is smooth and balanced and will appeal to all types of Chardonnay drinkers.
This Valentine’s Day, let a beautiful wine from Bella Union serve as a rich and bold expression of your love. The 2019 Bella Union Napa Valley Cabernet possesses beautiful and intriguing aromas of dark plum, black cherry, hints of clove and barrel spice.
The palate is well-structured with velvety tannins complemented by generous layers of fruit flavors of blackberry, fig and raspberry preserves that give way to a melting finish.
Z. Alexander Brown
If you are looking for an absolutely exquisite indulgence on Valentine’s Day, go no further than Z. Alexander Brown. All of the Uncaged wines are big, juicy and dynamic:
- 2020 Uncaged Chardonnay: Exudes bright aromas of White peach, floral orange blossom with hints of honey and baking spice. A rich, velvety mouthfeel is supported by core flavors of juicy stone fruit, vanilla and toasted oak.
- 2020 Uncaged Cabernet Sauvignon: Unfolds with rich aromas of black cherry, mocha and sweet toasted oak notes. Soft, mid-palate tannins frame this full-bodied, juicy wine with mouth-filling flavors of black cherry and milk chocolate.
- 2020 Uncaged Proprietary Red Blend: Dark garnet in the glass, commanding aromas of blueberry, caramel and toasted oak preview a bold, mouth-filling palate stacked with concentrated layers of ripe dark fruit, black cherry and milk chocolate.
Get cozy and feel the love while sipping a luxurious varietal from Josh Cellars, perfect Valentine’s Day night. Josh Cellars was named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine and it is no surprise why once you taste their wines!
The Josh Cellars Reserve Discovery Set is the perfect way to enjoy the following beautiful wines that Josh Cellars has to offer:
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon: Fruit forward, balanced and bursting with flavors of rich dark cherries, mocha, and toasted hazelnuts.
- North Coast Chardonnay: Elegant and crisp, this wine showcases flavors of lemon zest, peaches, and vanilla.
- Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon: Full-bodied with approachable red fruit flavors complemented by notes of coffee and vanilla.
Croatian Premium Wine
If you are looking for something special and unique for Valentine’s Day, a varietal from the selection of Croatian Premium Wine is a must-have!
Co-Founder Mirena’s pride and passion shines as she highlights her beautiful Croatian culture through wine! Featuring indigenous and naturally-produced wines from the Komarna / Central and South Dalmatia / Dubrovnik regions, as well as other Croatian regions, including Pelješac / Dingač, Brač, North Dalmatia, Istria, Slavonia and Uplands / Međimurje. Živjeli! A few of our favorites include:
- Bibich Bas De Bas Crno (2015): 90% Syrah, 10% Merlot oaked 2 years, flavors of berries, cherry, blackberry jam – from North Dalmatia – a favorite of Anthony Bourdain! The winery’s premium wine, made only at exceptional harvests.
- Volarević Plavac Mali Gold Edition (2016): This Wine Enthusiast 94 rated wine has combined in its flavor all the features of the area where the grapes blossom and the love with which it was originally processed in the family cellar. It has a characteristic ruby red, thick almost opaque color with a dark blue hue that colors the side of the wine glass, consistent with its name Plavac Mali – Little Blue.
- Kabola Muškat Momjanski (2020): Playful and effervescent on the nose, presenting first with a dominant flowery note, followed by juicy nectarine, lychee and a hint of meadow honey. The wine is semi-dry, partly warm and partly soft, while retaining a lovely freshness and delicious flavor with medium body. It is well-balanced and intense in flavor with a long finish. It is flavorful, harmonious and highly drinkable with notes of apricot in the aftertaste.
- Crvik Vilin Ples (2018): Cabernet sauvignon – Merlot – Plavac. Worldwide known varieties have created here a truly exquisite wine along with local Plavac. Fruit scent and dark fruit aromas, a strong body, and light tannins are the characteristics of the first Cuvée from the area of Konavle south of Dubrovnik.
Scout & Cellar
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with a longtime romantic partner, friends, or new suitor, Scout & Cellar has a Valentine’s Gift Set for every occasion. Known for their own proprietary quality standard called the Clean-Crafted Commitment®, Scout & Cellar ensures that their products do not use pesticides or any unnecessary additives.
Enjoy the perfect selection of wines or these Galentine’s Day inspired rosé wines to enjoy with the gal pals! Have a dance party and celebrate the love between great friends:
With a long heritage of winemaking since 1876, SIMI has classic go-to’s to make any Valentine’s Day celebration special and serve as the perfect pairing for a range of dishes, whether having a meat, pasta or seafood spread. A few of our romantic favorites include:
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County: Opens with dark plum, black cherry and sweet toasty oak with savory spice notes and a hint of black pepper. On the palate, plush berry fruit with some dried blueberry and a hint of violet, followed with dark chocolate/cocoa and cola spice.
- 2019 Chardonnay Sonoma County: A food-friendly wine with expressive notes of baked apples, spritz of citrus and a touch of shortbread.
- 2021 Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma County: This brilliantly clear, pale-straw-colored Sauvignon Blanc is bright, crisp, and vibrant. This wine beautifully balances flavors with good acidity for a long, savory finish.
Looking for a luxurious cabernet sauvignon? Go no further than Adaptation, a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 2% Petite Sirah. Opaque purple hued, the wine opens with notes of wild blackberries, luxardo cherries, plums, crème de cassis with hints of fresh spring flowers. Full bodied and beautifully ripe with elegant, well-integrated tannins and a gorgeous silky texture!
In the mood for love? JUSTIN Vineyards and Winery boasts a gorgeous Estate Tasting Room, an award-winning restaurant, endless rolling hills of vineyards and so much more! They have an amazing selection of many different varietals and Valentine’s Gift sets that will charm the one you love!
Created in partnership with the James Beard Foundation, Dough’s food friendly wines “rise to the occasion” and give back through an annual “doughnation” making them the perfect gift for the Valentine that loves to do good!
Handcrafted from some of the most prestigious wine growing regions on the West Coast, the core wines of the portfolio – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon– are the true ‘classics’ of the North Coast and Oregon wine regions. So splurge on some luxe ingredients to create a delectable Valentine’s Day dinner at home knowing you’ll have the perfect wine to pair with your meal!
Looking for an elegant Argentine wine to get the romance started? Go no further than Orfila Wines! Combining the unique terroir of Argentina’s renowned wine region with European traditions, Orfila wines capture the best of two winemaking worlds and offers a beautiful and unique selection this Valentine’s Day!
Looking to enjoy or gift some unique natural wine that you won’t find at your typical shop this Valentine’s Day? Let me introduce you to Unrooted Wines! Unrooted is a boutique natural wine club that caters to both wine enthusiasts and the merely wine-curious. You can also check our their bottle shop for individual purchase! All wines are small-batch and 100% natural.
Unrooted sends members 4 unique small-batch bottles each month. Outside of natural wine having health benefits, they also account for some of the most unique flavor profiles in the wine world. Your dinner party guests will be stunned by the complexity of the wines and how well they pair with food!
Sommelier Joel Kampfe & Ted Carrick started Unrooted Wines 4 years ago and through years of relationships with small winemakers, they sourced hard-to-find bottles made with innovative natural winemaking techniques. They call it “the wine club for the adventurous palette” as every bottle is truly a unique experience.