If you have ever hosted a breakfast or brunch for more than a few people, you know how hard it is to cook eggs and bacon a la carte for the whole hang!
This egg casserole is the solution!!! It is absolutely delicious. You can prep it ahead of time (even the day before!), pop it in the oven and pull it out just in time to impress your guests!
Easy Egg Casserole Bake
- Baking dish, whisk, blender (optional)
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 5 Tbsp Flour
- 1.5 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Onion Diced
- 1 Roma tomato
- 5 Oz Sliced white mushrooms
- 4 Oz Marinated artichoke hearts (can or jar, drain and chop).
- 3 Oz Pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 Oz Shredded cheese of choice (ex: Mexican blend, cheddar, mozzarella). You can also use a soft cheese such as feta or goat cheese.
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil To grease pan
- 1 Red, green, orange or yellow bell pepper (any color), slice in rounds for garnish on top.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Put 1/2 cup of egg milk mixture in separate bowl or jar and add baking powder and flour. Mix vigorously to combine so that there are no clumps of dry ingredients. You can also pulse in a small blender to throughly combine (I use my bullet blender).
- Re-add the egg, milk, flour, baking powder mixture back into the main egg/milk mixture.
- Chop onion, tomato, mushroom, olive and artichoke mixture and add to milk/egg mix.
- Add cheese to wet mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Grease 9×12 baking dish and pour mixture into dish.
- Place sliced rounds of pepper on top.
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check with knife in middle to be sure cooked through (should not come out wet).