This gingerbread martini recipe is a delicious Christmas drink with Baileys, the absolute best Christmas Cocktail to enjoy with friends and family or at your next holiday party.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
Is it that time of year where you want to cozy up by the fire in your pajamas while enjoying a delicious Christmas Cocktail? I thought so! And if you are in the mood for some boozy delights, you should probably whip up an easy batch of my delicious no-bake Rum Balls to enjoy! You might also need a side of decadent sweet and spicy Bacon Jerky if you need something amazing to munch on!
When I think of the holidays, I think of delicious Soft Gingerbread Cookies for the kids and a Gingerbread Cocktail for the adults! So grab your cocktail shaker and get ready to shake up a delicious Christmas drink with vodka and Bailey’s that is going to knock your socks off with gingerbread and spicy goodness!
And don’t forget, if you need any amazing gift ideas for the foodie or home cook in your life, be sure to check out my Holiday Gift Guide!
Why this recipe works
- If you love a martini with Baileys, this Christmas cocktail is for you! A creamy and delicious Bailey’s holiday drink with a gingerbread kick!
- You don’t need gingerbread vodka to make this martini. It can be made with delicious gingerbread syrup and if you don’t have that, I will show you how to make it work with an easy pantry substitution.
- You can easily use this recipe as a base to make a Rumchata Gingerbread Martini or Gingerbread Espresso Martini.
- If you would like to enjoy your Gingerbread Martini dairy-free or vegan, you can substitute Bailey’s Almande, which is dairy-free made almond milk instead of cream and use your favorite dairy free milk of choice.
What goes in this Gingerbread Cocktail recipe?
- Vodka: Any vodka of choice.
- Irish Cream: I recommend Bailey’s Irish Cream. However, you can use any Irish Cream of Choice. For vegan/dairy-free, use Baileys Almande.
- Gingerbread Syrup: I recommend Torani brand gingerbread syrup.
- Milk or Cream: I recommend half and half. However, this recipe is very flexible so you can easily use whole milk or 2%. If you are looking for a dairy free or vegan option you can use almond milk, soy milk or oat milk (all unsweetened options).
How to make this recipe
- Gingerbread Martini: Combine vodka, irish cream, half and half (or milk of choice) and gingerbread syrup in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously, pour into martini glass or over ice.
Cocktail Rim and Garnish
- Gingerbread Martini Rim: To make this gingerbread cookie cocktail extra special, I definitely recommend a gingerbread or graham cracker crust rim on your martini glass! Crush graham crackers finely. Dip martini glass rim in gingerbread syrup and dip in crushed graham crackers.
- Cocktail Garnish: To finish off this gingerbread cocktail, garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg or a gingerbread cookie.
Can you recommend other delicious Christmas Cocktails to enjoy this holiday season?
Where do I begin? There are so many delicious Christmas drinks to enjoy over the holiday season, from Christmas cocktails to Christmas mocktails, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
My top three favorite easy Christmas Cocktails would definitely be my Candycane Martini, Christmas Bailey’s Cocktail and Creamy Dreamy White Chocolate Liqueur.
Some other amazing Christmas drinks include: Hot Apple Pie Cocktail, Christmas Margarita, Christmas Mimosa, Christmas Punch, Christmas Moscow Mule, Snowflake Martini or Christmas Sangria.
What if I don’t have gingerbread syrup?
Gingerbread syrup is actually very easy to make! Using basic ingredients such as water, sugar, molasses and a few spices (ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves), you can make your own homemade gingerbread syrup.
Head on over to the amazing Kylee Cooks for my go-to recipe to make Gingerbread Syrup for your Gingerbread Martini.
FAQ and expert tips
Smirnoff, Absolut, Grey Goose, Ketel One and Tito’s Handmade Vodka are all great vodka choices!
Substitute 1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream for 1 oz Rumchata for a little extra cinnamon flair.
Brew one shot of espresso. Allow to cool in refrigerator. Substitute shot of espresso for 1 oz milk.
Looking for other delicious holiday treats?
No holiday is complete without these delicious Soft Gingerbread Cookies.
For a boozy adult treat, you will absolutely LOVE these easy no-bake Rum Balls.
I say it is never too late in the holiday season to enjoy some Pumpkin Pie! Enjoy this Healthy Pumpkin Pie, lower in calories but with all of the decadence.
Nothing says fall like a warm and bubbly Apple Crisp. This apple crisp is super easy and can be made in a cast iron skillet for beautiful holiday elegance!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my EMAIL NEWSLETTER and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all of the latest delicious food!
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!
Gingerbread Martini: The Best Christmas Cocktail
- Cocktail shaker.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream or any Irish cream of your choice
- 1 oz Torani gingerbread syrup
- 4 oz Half and half or any milk of choice (see notes for other options)
- ½ cup ice (for shaking)
- 2 graham crackers (optional rim)
- Combine vodka, irish cream, half and half (or milk of choice) and gingerbread syrup in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously, pour into martini glass or over ice.
- Optional: For graham cracker crust rim: crush graham crackers finely. Dip martini glass rim in gingerbread syrup and dip in crushed graham crackers.
- Optional: Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg or a gingerbread cookie.
I am going to try this on Saturday! Do you think I could make a large batch ahead of time (like a few hours)?
Hey Karen! Absolutely! That is a great idea. Make sure you keep the martini mix in the refrigerator. Makes it way easy when it is party time. Let me know how it turns out. 😁
I have made multiple gingerbread martinis and this is the best recipe hands down.
Thanks Jacob! I am honored. Can’t beat a gingerbread martini around the holidays! 😁