This homemade ice cream is super easy, no churn kulfi, full of pistachio and cardamom flavor! No ice cream maker needed! No churn!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
Why This Recipe Works
- This homemade ice cream recipe is SO easy!
- No ice cream maker or “churn” is required.
- The flavor of the cardamom is absolutely delicious with pistachios!
What is Kulfi?
Kulfi is a popular Indian-style ice cream that is richer and creamier than a typical American ice cream. Traditionally, it is made by slow cooking milk to create a think caramelized mixture, similar to a combination of evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. Pista Kulfi (kesar pista) is pistachio flavored. Other popular kulfi recipe flavors include cardamom, saffron, rose water, mango or strawberry.
Can I make vegan kulfi?
Coconut milk can be used as a delicious substitute for heavy cream. It also serves as a wonderful vehicle for the exotic flavors that are popular in kulfi indian ice cream. Coconut mixes especially well with the rich buttery pistachio flavor and floral cardamom combination.
How to make homemade ice cream
This recipe is super simple and removes the need for a fancy ice cream makers or ice cream churn. Simply combine the right ratios of ingredients and you have a beautiful silky smooth homemade ice cream!
Can I buy Costco Pistachios?
Yes! Costco Kirkland brand shelled pistachios are an excellent choice. You can buy them online or at most Costco stores.
Where to buy cardamom?
I recommend high quality cardamom powder for this recipe. A little goes a long way! My favorite cardamom is Simply Organic Cardamom Powder. It is a high quality, organic spice that is fresh and full of flavor.
Can you recommend any other easy no bake desserts?
Yes! You will love my Cake Pops, Oreo Cheesecake Bites or Rum Balls (Coconut). These are desserts are all great choices because they are super easy to make, no bake and transportable. I have brought them to family parties, graduations and BBQs. You name it! Have dessert, will travel! Also, if you are looking to make your boxed cake taste like bakery, check out my Boxed Cake Mix Hacks!
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!
Easy Homemade Pistachio Cardamom Ice Cream (Kulfi)
- Food processor or food mallet
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (16 oz)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon powdered cardamom
- ⅓ cup roasted salted pistachios (rough chop)
- Chop pistachios – rough chop in food processor or using food mallet.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until light peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, cardamom and chopped pistachios,
- Lightly blend to stir in remaining ingredients. Do not over whip.