This vegan banana bread recipe is hearty and delicious. If you tend to like your deserts not-too-sweet (like me!) then you will love this recipe as it lets the beautiful sweetness of the bananas shine through. If you want a little sweeter, you can always throw in a little maple syrup to kick it up!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
- Food processor, small bowl, 2 large mixing bowls, standard size loaf pan, parchment paper
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal Can substitute for 3 egg whites (in lieu of flax meal, water)
- 2 tbsp Water See above sub re: flax meal.
- 2 cups 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats Blend into oat flour (yield 1 3/4 cup oat flour)
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Reduced fat coconut milk Can also substitute unsweetened applesauce. Can also use full fat.
- 3 medium Bananas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper (so banana bread won't stick).
- Combine flax meal and water in small dish.
- In food processor, blend oats to make oat flour (2 cups of oats yields about 1 and 3/4 cup oat flour).
- In mixing bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In food processor, combine bananas, reduced fat coconut milk and flax/water mixture. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Hand mix wet and dry ingredients together. Poor into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 325 degrees.